Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
A position has arisen with an international bespoke equipment manufacturer based in North-East Cork, with a significant focus on the pharmaceutical industry. Recently acquired by a larger group, the organisation contributes significantly to an annual turnover of €100 million and has a significant footprint especially within the pharmaceutical industry in Ireland and Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordination with design team to understand the scope of work, deliverables, timelines, man hours etc.
- 3D Piping Design
- Work with senior designers and assist in producing piping isometrics from 3D models, in accordance with project requirements, codes, specifications and procedures. Duties would include:
- Equipment modelling
- Vendor equipment and instrumentation data tracking
- Pipe modelling
- Isometric generation and extraction
- Interactive and visual clash checking
- Isometric back drafting
- Coordination of design with fellow designers
- Supervision of construction and clarification of technical queries
- Compiling material requisitions and Bills of Material
- Reviewing As Built designs and updating drawings/models accordingly
- Mechanical calculations on structures and piping according to relevant codes
Education & Training
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Graduate to 2 years’ experience.
- Keen interest in design and Problem solving.
- Training will be provided, but the successful candidate must have demonstrable experience and interest design.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Strong IT and administration skills.
- Possess a full and valid driving license (not essential).