Due to continued growth and success Dolmen Engineering is looking to hire a number of Senior Piping Designers. The successful candidates will be welcomed into a highly personable and dynamic environment.
The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of piping design and standards in the Pharma, Bio-Pharma and Life Sciences sectors along with experience working in a 3D environment.
Produce piping isometrics, electronic 3D models and project documentation required, in accordance with project requirements, codes, specifications and procedures on small to medium sized projects.
Candidate should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and be equally comfortable with taking ownership of specific areas of design.
Roles and Responsibilities
- System walk downs and site surveys.
- Produce sketch isometrics from site surveys.
- Produce Equipment Layouts and models from vendor information.
- Reviewing Vendor Drawings
- Produce 3D models of equipment, piping and supports.
- Isometric generation from Process P&ID's.
- Clash checking for pipe clashes.
- Previous experience and familiarity in pharmaceutical / clean room piping design, specifications and construction is essential.
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years experience in a piping design role.
- Working knowledge of Pharma, Bio-Pharma and Life Sciences sectors.
- Knowledge of relevant piping codes and standards.
- Proven experience in 3D design required – Plant 3D knowledge an advantage.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Excellent Piping Design Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent software skills – NavisWorks / Word / Excel
- Keen attention to detail.