Passivation Project Engineer
A position has arisen with an international bespoke equipment manufacturer based in North-East Cork, with a significant focus on the pharmaceutical industry. Recently acquired by a larger group, the organisation contribute significantly to an annual turnover of €100 million and has a significant footprint especially within the pharmaceutical industry in Ireland and Europe.
The Passivation Project Engineer will responsible for reviewing scope of works with the client and estimation of process duration and raw material costs in order to generate commercial quotation proposals. This is a permanent full-time position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be part of a team comprising of site supervisors and operatives, work closely with the team, liaising with other internal departments in all aspects of the process required for each passivation project;
- Calculate client system volumes and required surface treatment durations, temperatures and chemical solution volumes in line with client requirements;
- Select Surface Treatment Process required and highlight flow path of same on a set of P&IDs to produce marked up P&IDs to issue to client for approval;
- Follow up on receipt of Purchase Orders and invoicing when required;
- Generate project commercial sheet & cost reports where required;
- Work closely with raw material suppliers and their chemists to problem solve a variety of client system contamination issues with the aim of satisfying our customers’ expectations;
- Ensure all raw material & chemical waste disposal supplier documentation is current and up to date and saved on department’s QMS Database;
- Generate Purchase Requisition Forms for Project Equipment and materials;
- Liaise with suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors during each passivation project;
- Generating & Maintaining Project Database and control of Project Documentation;
- Inspecting and supervising the Passivation Chemical Cleaning Process as it progresses by ensuring that the surface treatment is delivered to specification and meeting the highest standards of quality by monitoring the quantities used in mixing of chemicals, the duration of solution surface contact followed by testing and analysing samples of the solution and system surface upon completion,
- Facilitate project communications and reports and liaising with the client’s contact on site or via email/telephone;
- Maintaining Department Database including control of department equipment schedules, personnel training records & waste management, etc.
- BEng (Hons) Degree in Process, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Experience
Essential Experience & Role Requirements:
- A minimum 1-2 years’ experience of project Engineering in the Pharma, Biopharma, Medical devices or Food Processing sector.
- Understanding of cGMP and compiling TOPS documentation.
- Ability to carry out Cost Estimation, Quotation Proposals, Technical Submittals and RAMS.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with experience using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Database, Teams and Project.