- To provide Engineering services to the plant, in order to maximise the availability of all API Process Equipment and Utilities.
- To manage engineering projects within the API facility
- To support the engineering teams in controlling uptime of process equipment and optimizing efficiencies both in equipment and process performance.
- To support the Engineering team with the emphasis on continual operational improvements.
- To provide process engineering support and technical trouble shooting within the API facility.
- To improve the operations and reliability of equipment and processes by the successful identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- To manage the execution of projects within the engineering group including specific Process Safety Projects. To support the provision of process safety initiatives to the site.
- To liaise with Production to ensure equipment performance is maximized.
- To liaise with Internal/External Engineering Personnel and contract maintenance providers in maintaining trouble shooting, and installing/commissioning equipment.
- To become the SME for all API Process Equipment and supporting Utilities.
- Utilisation of SME knowledge to drive continual improvement of Process Equipment PM’s.
- Oversee execution of Process Equipment PM’s and identify opportunities for improvement.
- To provide engineering support and technical trouble shooting to all site operations and reliability of equipment and processes by the successful identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leadership of process equipment commissioning and validation activities.
- Identification and project management of continuous improvement projects. Work closely with all site functions and other departments to deliver these continuous improvement projects.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and budget management for all assigned projects.
- Management and negotiation of external contracts and contractors.
- Support all major site initiatives and sites core goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in process engineering, with relevant experience of batch processing, automation, project management, commissioning and validation, equipment reliability and continuous improvement.
- Working knowledge of distributed control systems, such as Delta V.
- This is a hand-on role requiring a logical and structured approach to resolving day to day engineering issues typical of a live manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the Healthcare industry is required.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements.