Process Engineering Lead
Dolmen Engineering are expanding their existing Process Design team and now require a Process Engineering Department Lead to support and lead projects from our Dublin office. This is a key role for the company.
Are you an experienced Process Engineer with the ability to support the management and execution of projects from initiation to closeout?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Process Engineering Lead to join our growing team in Dublin.
With excellent people skills, you have a proven ability to work in partnership at all levels.
As Process Engineering Department Lead, you will lead and take ownership for stages of projects from concept to detailed design on projects largely within the Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical industry.
Your responsibilities will include leading various stages of projects from concept to detailed design.
A key part of your role will be to support and mentor your team-members.
- Manage a team of Process Engineers, ranging from graduate to senior level.
- Performance reviews
- Project resourcing
- CPD for team members
- Coordination of the Process Design Team to manage and achieve project deliverables and design optimisation.
- Delivery of agreed design scope within budget hours and schedule
- Design and specification of equipment and systems to current regulations and design standards.
- Selection/liaison with Suppliers for both standard and bespoke equipment
- Preparation of tender packages for process equipment
- Tender Bid Assessment both technical and commercial
- Technical input to project proposals.
- Technical input and support for Process Design Team
- Developing process solutions for new NPIs and new projects.
- Responsible for all project process deliverables
- Process calculations such as hydraulic calculations and relief device sizing
- Interfacing with client design team/end user
- Lead Technical and Safety reviews
- Design of process and utilities - preparation of PFDs, P&IDs, equipment sizing calculations.
- Development URS, FRS, P&ID’s, and other project and process drawings and documentation.
- Ensure the compliance of design in accordance with all codes and standards, policies and guidelines
- Coordination of design with other design disciplines and equipment suppliers.
- Bachelor Engineering (B.E. Hons. or higher) in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Have 8+ years in Bio/Pharma/API Design
- Awareness of process safety engineering and process safety management
- Previous participation in HAZOPs and Design Risk Assessments
- Significant design experience in the Life Sciences sector
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Proven ability to successfully manage the delivery of projects., acting in a client facing role on Equipment, Facility and Utility design projects
- Proven ability to lead/manage a team of process engineers
- Energetic and dynamic with excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills to operate within a project delivery environment.
- Proven experience in project management capacity, executing projects from inception to completion.